Sunday, August 20, 2006

Face Time



Well I haven't written in a while, and I'm just going to blame the house guest who is staying with us, who is the most polite house guest on earth and who really isn't the reason why, but I'll just do that anyway. I won't blame the depression that only large quantities of bittersweet chocolate gellato could assuage, depression in the face of the continued rejection of job seeking.

Anyway, my next door neighbor is running this really great e-commerce site called face city shop and since I live next door I just sort of invited myself over and said, what face products should I use? Well Robin asked what I was using and ominously told me, "Those products are good, and EXPENSIVE, but they're not PROFESSIONAL." Well, dear me! I want to be CHEAP and PROFESSIONAL! Except of course, at work where I want to be employed, expensive and professional. Anyway it turns out Robin doesn't really believe in night creme or eye creme, which bummed me out because I was looking forward to the Ultimate Lift Eye Gel on the face city site. So I can't report on that. But I did get some TRUTH SERUM (watch out when you come over for tea cause I'll put a few drops in yours and see what happens) and some soothing creme and this stuff smells like those chewable orange vitamin pills from the 70s. So it's kind of weird to occasionally get a whiff of that orange smell as you talk to people about why they should hire you. Even though they are 10 years younger than you are and have never worked at a profitable company before and so you know they aren't going to hire you and you wonder why they bothered.

But my skin looks pretty good, but it's very potent stuff and I quickly realized that I was using too much and the vit c was irritating my dermatitis - except you couldn't see it. And so most of my redness and blotchiness is kind of gone. I will report back when I've finished the bottles off. But so far, it's pretty good stuff.

No comments: