Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Hood: Flora


I had never really seen pomegranite trees before, or if I had I hadn't really known they were pomegranite trees. For one things, they don't look like fruit trees. They look like bushes. And when I looked at the tree in the backyard, I saw little leathery red bulbs on the tree and I thought that those were the pomegranites. I thought the leathery bud would swell and grow. But the leathery bud was actually a flower bud, and bright crimson flowers shoot out. It's quite spectacular. Aren't they beautiful?


I've been working with a few recruiters since I'm trying to find a job. Yesterday one of the ones I like called and spoke to me about a position with a good title. The thing is, I can't decide if I would want to work for Playboy. Is it just too schizophrenic to go from Martha Stewart to Playboy? Last February I was speaking to the folks at Hilton Hotels about a position and I was working for the state of california then. And I thought "Wouldn't it be weird to go from working for Martha, to working for Arnold, to working for Paris????" Eeeeewwwwww! But it's totally schizo to go from Martha Stewart Living to Playboy. At Martha's we would get a copy of every magazine that we produced. The mail room would put the new issue on your desk and you'd take a while and read the magazine. You'd discuss it with your co-workers "We're really losing a lot of ad-sales revenue in this issue, but I love the article on knitting." What do they say at Playboy - "The article on illegal immigration policy is really hard hitting, and did you get a load of those knockers on Miss May?"

I bet it would be hard to get people back to work after getting the latest issue of Playboy's magazine. The lines to the men's bathroom must be long on those days. So I don't know if I want to go there. But I guess I will at least check it out and report back. It would be totally cool if everyone, male and female, had to wear a bunny tail on their suit.

No comments: