Saturday, April 29, 2006

Signs: David Candy


So I've always sort of wondered about painted signs, they are on walls, exposed to the elements, they are destined to become an architectural palimpsest. This sign is frayed, it looks old. Is it telling us that David makes Candy at the Co? Or that David Candy works here? Is it the David Candy Candy Company? Who's David? Is his wife Candy? Are they fashion designers, lawyers, happily married, plump from eating candy? Where does the candy fit in here? Is it chocolate or fireballs? This sign raises more questions than it answers.

This sign, however, boldy asks a question and answers it. What is Kabbalah? - well come on in and find out by spending a tuesday evening with them. What could be more homey?

I have been spending a lot of time talking to people who I want to convince to hire me. It is very hard to be pleasing and competent and say the appropriate TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) while talking to strangers who have hidden agendas while you have a painfully obvious one - please employ me!!!!! All this nattering is leaving me too tired to listen, write and speak to the actual people who I like to listen, talk and write to. For example, after a comletely disasterous interview at a company that left me down and blue for a day, I picked up the totally fluffed out dogs from the groomer. We found a groomer in Beverly Hills and apparently the good people of the hills of beverly like their dogs to be highly poofy. Beso came out looking like a little round old english sheepdog - highly fluffy, and even Leche with her more griffon-like coat was a little round poofy ball of hound dog. They were so clean we took them for a hike along the beach where they made many people smile at the poofy dogs. Anyway, like I said I was tremendously blue, and when I got home from our walk I had two messages to return. Two people called while I was returning those phone calls and just after I had finsihed three hours of talking to 4 recruiters on the friggin' phone about why I am such a DGITPM (damn good IT Project Manager) and had poured myself a glass of wine, the phone rang again and I had to talk to another recruiter about WBSs (Work Break Down Structures - another TLA!) while a glass of Chardonnay was sweating untouched in front of my face. All that said, it makes it hard to talk to my friends because I'm tired of my own voice!

No comments: