Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Hood


Every neighborhood needs a castle, and my new one does not disappoint. Here is our local castle, my only quibble with this is that they did not go the whole nine yards and just get the moat as well. You know, moats really increase property values, especially when the Rodney King riots "came here!" As most of the people I meet tell me in this neighborhood. Oh my! I mean, just in case rioters come up from down south Pico you would need a moat and a drawbridge to truly protect your castle. Moats increase BOTH your property values and your personal security, so you can sleep at night. If, of course, your husband lets you out of the dungeon at night. Don't you wonder, how far these people go? They bought a CASTLE down the street from Olympic Blvd! It has to affect their sex life.


My neighborhood has all these cute little buildings that are built in the style of how Californians from the thirties thought that French People in the 1800's would build apartment houses. This is my building, and I just love the turrets. Well, this could be my apartment building, it is in the style of my apartment building, but it is not actually my apartment building. I value my privacy, so I would never actually put a picture of my home on the internet, that would be silly. So I put pictures of other people's homes on the internet, because I don't know them and so they have no privacy. But I admit to the subterfuge which makes me more ethical than Page 6 gossip columnists who are allegedly journalists and have an actual ethical standard by which to be judged.

No comments: